CounterPath Continues to Go Global
April 1, 2018
According to Global Market Insights, the worldwide market for Unified Communications (UC) infrastructure will reach $96 billion by 2023, with the Asia Pacific region representing 29% of the opportunity. Vancouver-based CounterPath (NASDAQ: CPAH) (TSX: PATH) is a key player in that exploding marketplace, delivering industry-leading UC solutions to small, medium and large businesses. To help leverage the significant growth potential, CounterPath establish new partnership agreements during the Quarter with the following international companies:
- Telegate, to deliver Bria Stretto™ subscription services. Telegate is a Sydney, Australia-based provider of hosted PBX technology, and is part of the CommsChoice Group, a global company.
- Unified Communications Co., Ltd., to target small- to medium-sized enterprises in the Japanese market. In 2018, the Japanese SMB cloud services market is expected to be worth at least $623 million, up from $499 million in 2015. The user experience enjoyed by consumers of Skype, LINE and other messaging and interactivity applications is creating a demand there for similar experiences in all business communications tools.
- Soft-Solutions, to reach new audiences in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Soft-Solutions is a leading New Zealand-based telecoms distributor.
- TaraSpan, to provide Stretto subscription services across India. TaraSpan is a development and distribution company with headquarters in India and Canada, and has some of the foremost technology companies in the world and some of the most prominent corporations in India on its customer list.
- Estech Systems Inc. (ESI), to promote Bria and Stretto as the solution for connecting any communications device to their premise based IP 900 PBX deployments over any network.
These new agreements are meant to ensure the company has deep coverage in international markets as it continues a shift of revenue from a perpetual licensing model to one of subscription services. In support of this strategic move, key updates were also made during the Quarter to the Channel Partner program to enable easier onboarding, automated quarterly billing, annual subscription reminders and much more.
Look for a further update on these international efforts in the next issue of Q. counterpath.com